The plan: For one month (at least) Jan 10th - Feb 13th - Engage in a totally detox of my life. Focus on the bad habits I have made and try to develop new habits.
- NO sugar of any kind except found in fresh fruit.
- NO processed food of any kind. None.
- NO white flour of any kind.
- NO take-out. - Shane is excluded from this one since he has to pick up his lunch most days.
I've been dealing with some serious insomnia for a few months. It usually takes me at least an hour to fall asleep and sometimes I'm awake for hours in the middle of the night. Sooo....
- In bed every night by 9. (With a little Tylenol PM for help). Lights off by 9:30. Try, Try Try to turn my brain off.
- NO Diet Coke. - Yea, I said it. This is the real test of my will power. I try not to drink coke after lunch, but I need to make sure I don't have anything interfering with my sleep.
- Collin gets up by 6AM. So I need to get up by 5:30 if I want to get a shower in and feel like anything but death for the day.
Shane and I have started watching a lot of TV since we moved. We put the kids to bed, clean up, get in our pjs and watch TV. I usually blog surf at the same time. We are zoning away our nights. Soooo...
- NO TV, except on the weekends. Exceptions include - the news, watching a little Max and Ruby with my babies and occasional Hulu viewing during folding the laundry. Because I hate folding the laundry. And I love Modern Family.
I cannot figure out how to keep the house clean. I swear I am working constantly and I just can't keep up. The problem is, I keep trying. And I'm always thinking of what needs to be done. All the time. Before I had kids I couldn't imagine the destruction that would ensue. I need to disconnect from the mess and when I play with the kids really play. I want to be fun and have fun with them. I want to learn how to ignore this job that never, ever, gets done.
So there you have it. I'll check in periodical to let you know how it's going.
Heaven help me with the Diet Coke withdrawal.
Side note - I wish I could say that I have high goals for working out this month.
But it would seem I have a stress fracture in my ankle.
I pushed a run a little too hard a while back and looks
like that pain that just won't go away is
something more than a bruise. Annoying!