Of course I have officially turned into my mother. I hear things come out of my mouth like "how many times do I have to tell you?!?" and "You can just stay in your room until you have stopped your bellyaching!". I find myself giggling when I actually get to go to bed, and I lock myself in the bathroom for a few minutes, just to get away.
I like gifts as much as the next gal. But if I think about what I really want, it is closer to "sleep" than a caboodle. Some things I really, really want for my birthday.....
- Someone to come and clean my house from top to bottom. Literally. The walls washed, hardwood polished, the baseboards wiped. The bathrooms sparkling, the carpets spotless, the oven like new. Laundry completely finished.
- While that person cleaned, I would like someone else to organize. I would be lightly supervising. The pantry, the linen closets, the play room....If there is something that doesn't have a place, put it in a stuff box. After organizing is done, we go through the stuff box together and get rid or store the excess.
- I would like a personal chef to come for a few days and prepare delicious and healthy meals. I don't want to plan them. That is one of the sucky parts about motherhood. Even if you like to cook, cooking three meals a day every day is exhausting.
- I want 12 hours in my house, by myself. I would read, blog, take a bath, straighten my hair...maybe just watch the entire BBC Pride & Prejudice. Alone. No messes materializing out of no where. No screaming offspring. Just me and the quiet.
- A cake haphazardly decorated by a three year old and my little family around me singing "Happy Birthday to you."
So there is my list. To be perfectly honest, as long as I get #5, it will be a great day.
Speaking of birthdays - next Monday will be the start of my week of birthday giveaways. Stay tuned.
photos via flickr